anonymous ftp question

Cliff Manis cmanis@csoftec root at csoftec.csf.com
Fri Jan 12 14:17:44 AEST 1990

In article <408 at lkbpyr.UUCP> jonas at lkbpyr.UUCP (Jonas Heyman) writes:
>A was wondering how I could get a program or get in touch with
>an anonymous ftp.
>I have the adress    128.42.1.30 titan.rice.edu titan

Jonas:

Here is a very short script and sample of a datafile which I use all the
time in connecting via FTP.

# getftp.sh
# 		By:  Cliff Manis, cmanis at csoftec.CSF.COM
#
GETFTP=$HOME/getftp3.dat
ftp 128.42.1.30 < $GETFTP

exit 0

# below is a sample file of $HOME/getftp3.dat file
log anonymous HCSCM at altos.af.mil
type image
quote "type L 8"
list / root.dir
list /pub pub.dir
get /pub/filename filename.here
bye
/////end of the data file///

Note: The datafile above will get you a dir listing of / and /pub
      and also download a file /pub/filename to your system as filename.here
      in your current directory.

Hope you can use this...
   cliff
_
  Cliff Manis       K4ZTF                    \`-o-'/          \-A-/
  ARPA:     hcscm at afbs.af.mil            ~*~        _____/""Y""\_____
  INTERNET: cmanis at csoftec.csf.com                 `-o-o-=\_|_/=-o-o-'
  UUCP:     {swrinde|texbell}!csoftec!cmanis
    Unix & Xenix today for a better tomorrow      ~*~            -=0=-
  --> Mail Server:  csoftec.csf.com!listserv
  --> Send mail with "send help to yoursystemid!username" as body of msg.
-