anonymous ftp question

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Mon Jan 15 14:19:48 AEST 1990

In article <565 at csoftec.csf.com>, root at csoftec.csf.com (Cliff Manis
(cmanis at csoftec)) writes:
> In article <408 at lkbpyr.UUCP> jonas at lkbpyr.UUCP (Jonas Heyman) writes:
> >A was wondering how I could get a program or get in touch with
> >an anonymous ftp.
> >I have the adress    128.42.1.30 titan.rice.edu titan
>
> Jonas:
>
> Here is a very short script and sample of a datafile which I use all the
> time in connecting via FTP.
>
> # getftp.sh
> # 		By:  Cliff Manis, cmanis at csoftec.CSF.COM
> #

  It may have been a good idea for you to check the source address of
the original question before posting your response.

  Since he was posting from a UUCP machine without an Internet address
(or at least, without an Internet address that was evident in his
posting), it is entirely likely that the original poster does not have
Internet access.  Therefore, he probably can't use ftp at all to get to
any Internet machine, which means that your script, while it may be
helpful, did not answer his question....

Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace
jik at Athena.MIT.EDU				Allston, MA  02134
Office: 617-253-8495			      Home: 617-782-0710