Utility to keep all typed command lines.

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Jan 5 17:40:45 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan3.225009.17563 at world.std.com> bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:
>Gak, I'm amazed at the bad advice this poor fool is getting, I think
>people don't understand what he's really after, probably spying on
>users to trap certain hackery. I assume that's what you mean,
>otherwise just use "script".

The same technology which brings us "script" works for spying as well.
You are looking for a complex solution where easy ones probably exist
as well.

To see how this works, consider the behavior of putting script onto a
port which the hacker is on, or likely to be on.  It is a trivial
matter to read from the port and write to a pty with a shell on the
other end of the pty.  This works equally well, regardless of whether
the user is co-operating or not ...
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org