XENIX tty device driver

Saeed Talebbeik saeed at sunseeker.UUCP
Wed Jan 17 14:27:53 AEST 1990

This message is for Mr. Jonathan Bayer in particular:
Thanks for the info. That makes me feel a little better. However does this code
in the XENIX manual handle the issue of multiple serial lines on one controller.
I guess the answer is yes since if it can handle one serial port it should be
able to handle several. Also do the line descipline routines handle the
issue of several processes trying to write to a single port? How about several
processes trying to read from the same port? This should be illegal since only
the first process that opens the tty for reading should be the sole reader
and other processes should not be able to read from the tty device(breach of
security I guess). If you JB or others have any comments please leave a message
for me . Thanks.