driver close from exit can't catch signal?

Steve Nuchia steve at nuchat.UUCP
Sun Jul 29 05:21:57 AEST 1990

Working on a driver recently I needed to sleep waiting for
a pending transaction completion interupt in the close routine.
Since the interupt wasn't guaranteed to come, I wanted to
be able to catch a signal.  I found that it works when the
user calls close directly but not when close is called from exit.

I thought the observation might be due to the signal causing
the close routine to be reentered, but a quick printf showed
that was not the case.  The wakeup just isn't happening.

So, I got rid of the sleep, cancelling the pending operation.
Lucky the situation was one where that was acceptable.

This is in a SysV thing.  Is this normal and expected?  I couldn't
find anything about it in the AT+T driver books.
--
Steve Nuchia	      South Coast Computing Services      (713) 964-2462
"To learn which questions are unanswerable, and _not_to_answer_them;