salary/job survey

Chris Esposito chrise at bcsaic.UUCP
Tue Jul 3 03:27:28 AEST 1990

In article <680 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:

>BTW, most companies (mine included) prohibit employees from
>disclosing salary. I don't know a good way for you to handle that.

Really? I've never heard of such a prohibition.  While disclosing your (or
someone else's) salary may, under certain circumstances, be unethical or
unwise or simply none of their business, it seems to me that it is my decision
to make, not my employers.  Does this prohibition extend to disclosing what
other benefits you get?  How about telling your spouse what you make?

--
"A waist is a terrible thing to mind" - Dan Quayle at a Weight Watchers group
Chris Esposito                      | Internet: chrise at atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | uucp: ...!uw-june!bcsaic!chrise