UNdeleting files

Suresh B Peram peram at cs.tamu.edu
Mon Jul 30 09:56:59 AEST 1990

Hi,

   I have lost files on one of the disks and would
   like to follow the i-nodes to recover them, since
   they are very large (some > 1M) and valuable.

   The files were lost when a shell-script having
   "rm -r" was accidentally executed.  The disk was
   immediatly (within 5 mts) unmounted and the contents
   have since been unchanged.

   I have the i-node numbers of these files from a
   2-month old backup.

   Operating system : Sun OS 4.0.3 (BSD 4.2)
   Machine          : Sun 3

   I would like the steps involved in recovering
   these files.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Suresh