Systems (HDB) uucp

Don Ingli scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu
Wed Jul 18 16:00:25 AEST 1990

Interesting note...

I called the AT&T HOTLINE for a Systems Question....

Problem:  I wanted multiple time windows during the day for a machine call..

     ie:  machine a could only be called at 0800-0820
                                            0900-0920
                                            1000-1020 etc...

          I tried every combo I could think of to do this on one line.
          I experimented and found out if you make multiple system entries
          that you can do this....  anyway

Systema MoTu0800-0820 ACU  .....
Systema MoTu0900-0920 ACU  .....

They (AT&T) said that their reference didn't say anything about multiple calling
times and said they couldn't help.  I asked them which reference...
and they were using:

Using usenet and uucp by nutshell books....

The father of Sys V unix using another company's reference... figures

BTW, I called them back and gave them the answer...

--

  Don Ingli - USDA/Soil Conservation Service - Information Resources Mgmt.
  INTERNET: mimsy!woodb!scsmo1!don at uunet.uu.net    PHONE: (314) 875-5344