termcap and cursor motion

Alan Hargreaves alan at nuts.nu.oz.au
Wed Jul 18 17:23:40 AEST 1990

I am having some trouble with an editor that was originally
written under v7. It seems that /etc/termcap defines the sequences
\EOA,\EOB,\EOC,\EOD to be the cursor motion keys for a vt100 style
terminal. All other things on the system accept this. I know that
the actual sequences that a vt100 sends are \E[A,\E[B,\E[C,\E[D.
where does the translation happen, and how do I make my editor
understand this?

please reply be email, i don't get a chance to read this group often.

alan.