Arbitrary precision math

Steven Bellovin smb at ulysses.att.com
Wed Jun 13 01:56:14 AEST 1990

In article <2598 at zipeecs.umich.edu>, gilgalad at dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:
> Hi.  Anybody know where I can pick up the source to dc?
> What about RSA cyphering routines?

Last time you posted this query, I pointed out that bc was developed
by AT&T, and is covered by AT&T's license agreements.  Guess what --
the same is true for dc.  I also pointed out that RSA is covered by
a U.S. patent.

At any rate, if you're looking for just the multiple precision arithmetic
stuff, the following was posted to sci.crypt (to which I referred you)
a couple of weeks ago:

Kevin Coombes's "arith", ftp.math.lsa.umich.edu: pub/kevin/arith.tar.Z
Henri Cohen's "pari", math.ucla.edu: pub/pari
J Vuillemin et al's "bignum", email to librarian at decprl.dec.com

Pari is copyrighted, but freely redistributable unmodified and in
its entirety.  Airth is copyrighted and covered by the GNU ``copyleft''.
I don't have a copy of bignum, and don't know the restrictions on it,
if any.