Your Date and Time (ala TIMEZONE)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Thu Jun 7 02:22:19 AEST 1990

In article <215 at tndsyd.oz> root at tndsyd.oz (Berny M Goodheart) writes:
>... To do this I need to collect a data base of
>TZ info for example Sydney Australia is  EST5EDT.
>If you are reading this could you please post me the contents
>of your TZ variable and where or what part of the world
>you are posting from. I will publish results.

I recommend you instead obtain the time-zone database distributed
with ADO's timezone library (replacements for ctime() etc.) that
was posted to one of the source newsgroups a couple of years ago;
it should be on most of the archive sites.  The usual location
for this database is the directory /usr/lib/zoneinfo.