filename separators and option indicators

Jeffrey Mulligan jbm at eos.UUCP
Fri Jun 1 12:01:42 AEST 1990

cjc at ulysses.att.com (Chris Calabrese[mav]) writes:

>In article <1990May31.065335.10406 at agate.berkeley.edu>, dankg at lightning.Berkeley.EDU (Dan KoGai) writes:

>> 	Gee, I knew that:  You can quote file name in shell and just do
>> fopen("~!@#$%^&*()-_=+[{]}\\|\'\";:?.>,<", "w") in c source or anything but
>> in reality those drive your shell nuts.

>Not only does the shell not have problems with punctuation marks, but
>it even handles non-printable characters without complaining.

I think he should have said "in reality those will drive many users nuts."
Of course wizards aren't fazed, since they already are nuts :-)

--

	Jeff Mulligan (jbm at eos.arc.nasa.gov)
	NASA/Ames Research Ctr., Mail Stop 262-2, Moffet Field CA, 94035