need help with 'curses'

Darrell Swope swope at hpindda.HP.COM
Wed Jun 13 07:20:50 AEST 1990

/ hpindda:comp.unix.wizards / jc at minya.UUCP (John Chambers) /  6:58 pm  Jun 11, 1990 /
In article <23415 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, qt at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Quan Tang) writes:

> 	I am going to use 'curses', but  I have no references except man pages,
> I will appreciate it very much if any unix expert send me some information about
> it including your experience.

O'Reilly & Associates (981 Chestnut Street, Newton, MA 02164) has
two very well-written books:
	"Programming with Curses" by John Strang
	"Termcap and Terminfo" by John Strang, Tim O'Reilly and Linda Mui

You should rush right out and get a copy of both.  Put your name all
over them right away, because every programmer in the vicinity will
try to steal them.  They are about two orders of magnitude better
than anything else I've seen on the subject.  Of course, if someone
knows of anything as good or better, I'd like to hear about it.

--
Uucp: ...!{harvard.edu,ima.com,mit-eddie.edu}!minya!jc (John Chambers)
Home: 1-617-484-6393