Stupid man pages

Ed Anselmo Anselmo-Ed at cs.yale.edu
Tue Jun 12 10:15:00 AEST 1990

 >%ls -l /usr/include | more
 >lrwxrwxrwx  1 root        19 May 31 10:00 /usr/include -> /server/usr/include/
 >%
 >
 >and then have to try again with /server/usr/include.

Guy> Who's "they"?  Sun sure didn't do anything like that, at least
Guy> not in 4.0[.x]; "/usr/include" is just a boring old directory.

'Twas the honest, loyal, trustworthy and under-appreciated Yale CS
computing facility that inflicted that upon the local community.
Seems the powers that be wanted 32MB of swap, 30MB of home
directories, plus / and /usr, all on a 105MB internal drive on a SS-1.
Well, it wasn't meant to be, and we had to play symlink games in /usr
to get "most" things to fit and have the rest symlinked to a server
directory.
--
Ed Anselmo   anselmo-ed at cs.yale.edu   {harvard,decvax}!yale!anselmo-ed