History question on SAR -S- option (resend)

cj duffy x6290 cjd at moose.udev.cdc.com
Thu Mar 29 06:37:36 AEST 1990

 ***** This is a second attempt to get an answer ***********

I am interested in any "history" in the SAR option of "S".  This option
gives statistics on "server requests, availability, etc".  However, in
the MIPs version of Unix, while they support the -S- option, the results
are always zero (0).  I also can not find any place in the source code
which updates the table which stores the information, i.e. no one updates
the table with structure of "dinfo" which is contained in the file sysinfo.h.

12:56:24 serv/lo-hi   request   request    server    server
               0 - 0     %busy  avg lgth    %avail avg avail
12:56:25          0       0.0         0       0.0         0

Does other implementations of Unix update this information?  Does someone
have some history on it?  If so, where can I read about it.

Thx,
Chris Duffy
cjd at moose.udev.cdc.com