'mkmf'...

Hal Mueller hmueller at wfsc4.tamu.edu
Thu Mar 29 06:48:48 AEST 1990

In article <NRAKOFF.90Mar27150524 at cochiti.nmsu.edu> nrakoff at nmsu.edu (Nathan Rakoff) writes:
>I have been told that there is a program called "mkmf", which will
>generate a 'make' file for 'c' programs.  Does anyone know where I
>might find this program?

There's an "xmkmf" script in the MIT X Windows distribution.  It reads an
Imakefile and produces a Makefile (an Imakefile is sort of a portable
Makefile).  X also has a program called "makedepend", which uses a C
preprocessor to figure out include file dependencies.  X is available
for ftp from expo.lcs.mit.edu and several other sites.

--
Hal Mueller            hmueller at cssun.tamu.edu          n270ca at tamunix (Bitnet)
Graduate Student, Department of Computer Science