stdio broken in SysV?

Thomas Tornblom thomas at uplog.se
Tue Mar 13 01:40:54 AEST 1990

In article <12270 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) writes:

   In article <THOMAS.90Mar2083853 at uplog.uplog.se> thomas at uplog.se (Thomas Tornblom) writes:
   >Well, already compiled applications that uses these that works need not
   >be recompiled.

   Yes they do.  The _iob array element size has changed, so the offsets
   determined at the last compile are not correct for the new library usage.

We must have a communications problem here :-)
What I meant was that ready-to-run applications still works after the
change. After all, we haven't changed the system call interface. Applications
still use write(2), wich is completely independent of stdio!

Anything dependent on <stdio.h> must have been compiled with the same
version.
Real life:	Thomas Tornblom		Email:	thomas at uplog.se
Snail mail:	TeleLOGIC Uppsala AB		Phone:	+46 18 189406
		Box 1218			Fax:	+46 18 132039
		S - 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden