stdio broken in SysV?

Thomas Tornblom thomas at uplog.se
Fri Mar 2 18:38:53 AEST 1990

In article <MEISSNER.90Mar1164952 at curley.osf.org> meissner at osf.org (Michael Meissner) writes:

   In article <THOMAS.90Mar1150529 at uplog.uplog.se> thomas at uplog.se
   (Thomas Tornblom) writes:

   | If anyone cares, here is the fix to stdio I made. I also came across the
   | problem while bringing sendmail up.
   | Requires source of course...
   | -----------------------------------------------
   | There is only 3 files that need a change.
   | /usr/include/stdio.h:
   | Add a new member last to the FILE struct:
   |  	unsigned char	*_bufendp;	/* get rid of bufendtab */

   Be sure to recompile EVERYTHING that may have even remotely refered to
   stdin, stdout, stderr, putc, putchar, getc, or getchar!

Well, already compiled applications that uses these that works need not
be recompiled.

If you have your makefiles set up properly, i.e. dependent of stdio.h,
this wouldn't be a problem.

Real life:	Thomas Tornblom		Email:	thomas at uplog.se
Snail mail:	TeleLOGIC Uppsala AB		Phone:	+46 18 189406
		Box 1218			Fax:	+46 18 132039
		S - 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden