Query: Changing # of display lines (terminal capability)

Kingsley F. Kerce kerce at nu.cs.fsu.edu
Fri Mar 16 14:24:00 AEST 1990

I'm interested in setting my terminal capability to allow 42 lines
(rows) of text before scrolling occurs while using vt100 emulation.
What does this require?

I've attempted the following:
	-Copy important parts of /etc/termcap to ~/termcap and modify
	 the vt100 entry to read ...:#li42:...
	-`setenv TERMCAP ~/termcap' in .login (after `set term=vt100'
	 and `setenv TERM vt100')

The above attempt had no effect as far as my shell is concerned
(tcsh)--it still scrolls at 25 lines.  GNU Emacs liked it to a
certain extent--it shows 42 lines, but shows erratic behavior when
scrolling occurs.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Please email if possible.
Thanks,
--
Kingsley Kerce             USnail: Dept. of Computer Sci. (or Dept. of Psych.)
Email: kerce at nu.cs.fsu.edu         Florida State University