Finding out tasks that were runnin before a crash.

Ralph Doncaster 880274d at aucs.uucp
Fri Mar 16 13:46:29 AEST 1990

I'm trying to find out what tasks were running on a Sun-4 immediately before
a crash.
Currently, I'm using the command:
last reboot
to find out when a reboot occured, and using lastcomm to find out what people
were doing at that time.
The problem is that it doesn't show me system tasks that were going on, only
tasks run by specific users.
Is there any way to show all the tasks that were running in a particular
minute?

Lastly, even if I do get a file containing the tasks that were running before

a reboot, if I have several of these files for several reboots, is there any
easy way to find out what tasks these files have in common?

If these are impossible (or at least very difficult to accomplish) questions,
then just let me know.
thanx