NCR *nix boxes?

Scott Amspoker scott at bbxsda.UUCP
Thu Mar 29 03:10:28 AEST 1990

In article <22897 at adm.BRL.MIL> ernie at uncle.calvin.edu (Ernest D. Brouwer) writes:

>I may be consulting for a firm that says they have a NCR brand 68000 based
>Unix box that is giving them trouble and has been orphaned by NCR (that's
>why they called me).  I haven't seen it yet so I haven't committed to
>anything.  Anyone out there have an idea what I am getting myself into?
>Anyone out there successfully moved from this box to another?  Anyone out
>there using one of these boxes?  Are these questions to general?

You are probably refering to a member of the NCR Tower family.  If it really
is a 68000 then it is probably a Tower/XP.  It's rather outdated and
slow but my experience is that the Unix is rather typical with no
surprises.  I don't see that you're in for a bad time unless the
customer is have some kind of hardware problem.

--
Scott Amspoker
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM