Large Unix, SYS5.4 on Unisys

Bernie J. Potter archunix at stl-08sima.army.mil
Thu Mar 15 07:23:24 AEST 1990

Hello;

I have been following the recent discussion of large BSD-
based boxes. My management has directed me to gather
information about large, fast (>10 mips) System V based
platforms. Does anyone have information and/or experience
on any of these?

In addition, I have been asked to locate alternate sources
(besides Unisys) for a System V Release 4 based operating
system for a Unisys 5000/80 machine. We are unable to
upgrade to Release 4 under our current Unisys contract
and would like to find another source for doing so.
Any ideas?

Thank you for any information in advance.

A. K. Turczynski