csh programming problem

Scott Yelich scott at cs.odu.edu
Fri Mar 16 10:04:47 AEST 1990

>(Scott Yelich)
>writes:
>>>I am trying to write a shell script that takes several arguments and
>>>passes them to child processes, i.e.
>>>#!/bin/csh
>>foo "$@"
>>bar "$@"
>     Notice that he was talking about a *C shell* script.
>     $@ is a *bourne shell* construct.  It doesn't work in the C shell.

Well, if I was making a shell script that JUST passed already passed
values to sub shells.... I would write it in sh because there is a
facility which makes this function extremely easy.  See his previous
message for the problems csh causes....

But, if he REALLY likes csh... perhaps?
eval f `repeat $#argv eval 'echo -n \"$1\"\  ; shift'`

However, I still prefer ``foo "$@"'' for its simplicity.

>   P.S. Any particular reason why your signature contained almost an entire
>   page full of blank lines?

Did it?  What about this one?  Are you sure?