SLIP, KA9Q, UNIX and Me! Ack!

Ralph Seguin gilgalad at caen.engin.umich.edu
Sat Oct 6 17:56:22 AEST 1990

Hi.  Sorry for the repost, but I am in desperate need of help here.
I have just purchased a Plexus P/35 UNIX box (Sys V, Rel 2).  It
has an 8 serial port board controlled by an "Intelligent Communications
Processor".  It looks as though I am not going to be able to afford
an ethernet board for this thing, so I want to run SLIP on the serial
port board instead (yeah, I know it's slow 8(  My objective is to
network this machine with my Amiga.
Anyhow, here's YASODQ (Yet Another Series of Dumb Questions):

1.  Where can I get PD (or damned cheap) TCP/IP software implementations
    that will run on this box and allow me to run SLIP over the serial ports?

2.  Where can I get KA9Q for UNIX, and will it work on this box?

3.  Has anybody got an ethernet board for one of these boxes that they are
    willing to part with for a mere pittance?

4.  Has anybody been able to get DNET to run under System V?  What about
    rel 2?

5.  Are there any other link protocols like DNET available for both the Amiga
    and for UNIX?

6.  Is there any hope for me at all?  8-)  8-(

			Thanks, Ralph

gilgalad at dip.eecs.umich.edu       gilgalad at zip.eecs.umich.edu
gilgalad at caen.engin.umich.edu     Ralph_Seguin at ub.cc.umich.edu
gilgalad at sparky.eecs.umich.edu    USER6TUN at UMICHUB.BITNET

Ralph Seguin		| "You mean THE Zaphod Beeblebrox?"
536 South Forest	|
Apartment 915		| "No.  Haven't you heard, I come in six packs!"
Ann Arbor, MI 48104	|
(313) 662-4805