UNIX semantics do permit full support for asynchronous I/O

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sat Sep 1 10:32:55 AEST 1990

Do there exist any benchmark or other test results which indicate that
adding asynch i/o to unix actually yields a performance improvement?

Papers, pointers, etc appreciated. I am not interested in results from
other operating systems, I don't believe they would have any
applicability to the question.

However, very informal results would be appreciated.
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | {xylogics,uunet}!world!bzs | bzs at world.std.com