Help! There's a slash '/' in my filename.

Bernhard Schneck bs at marvin.e17.physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 3 03:28:26 AEST 1991

>I don't remember how hard it is to get around the restriction to writing
>directories as if they were files, but that would seem easier than
>clearing the inode and then picking up the peices of the file system.  Of
>course if writing to the directory was becoming a problem, you could
>always get the directory's sector number from it's Inode and pull out a
>sector editor on the appropriate block /device. :-)

Not even that hard ... unmount the filesystem, and run fsdb (the file
system debugger) on it.  My SysV.3.2 box had one for ths S51K, and the
4.3-tahoe and 4.3-reno releases have it for FFS (4.2) filesystems (in
/etc and /sbin resp.)

>Jamie  ...  "Who was that Masked Interrupt?"

\Bernhard.
--

Bernhard Schneck        Internet: B.Schneck at Marvin.E17.Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE
TU Muenchen Physik E17            Postmaster at Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE