Source for Unix???

Root Boy Jim rbj at uunet.UU.NET
Thu Feb 7 15:08:59 AEST 1991

In article <7496 at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> theseus at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (David E Reed) writes:
>I have seen a few postings here in comp.unix.wizards about reading the source.

Since I mentioned it, I will explain what I meant.

Some sources get scarcer, others proliferate. Youngsters aren't
likely to ever look at "real" source hoarded by vendors. However,
there is other stuff around. Public domain source. Freed source
from the Berkeley distributions. GNU sources. Perhaps Mach source.

Keep in mind that some is more readable than others, however.  And some
programs are so hacked over as to be unreadable, altho they do
something something useful and difficult, so no one bothers to fix or
rewrite them. They are just treated like black boxes.
--

	Root Boy Jim Cottrell <rbj at uunet.uu.net>
	I got a head full of ideas