Mail forwarding puzzle

Michael A. Covington mcovingt at athena.cs.uga.edu
Fri Jan 25 07:01:51 AEST 1991

Can two accounts on different CPUs have the same incoming mailbox?

Here's the situation. I have two Sparcstations that share practically
all their files. Each user has the same home directory regardless of
which CPU he logs on to. So it really doesn't matter which CPU a person
is using. That's very convenient for evening out the system load, etc.

The only problem is mail. Mail goes to (for example) _either_
mcovingt at aisun1 _or_ mcovingt at aisun2, and if you log on to the other
CPU, you don't receive it.

Is there a simple way that mail can be made to arrive where the
user can get his mail regardless of which CPU he's on?

This does not seem to be a case for .forward files because each
user has the same files regardless of which CPU he's on; thus if
I used a .forward file to forward from aisun1 to aisun2, it would
also forward, loopingly, from aisun2 to aisun2.

Reply by email, please. I don't regularly read this newsgroup.
Thanks.
.