How to mess up your tty: (sleep 3;vi)&;vi\n<wait 5 seconds>ZZfg\n

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Thu Jun 27 17:07:17 AEST 1991

In article <2997.Jun2704.59.0991 at kramden.acf.nyu.edu> brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:
>This is true under at least SunOS, Ultrix, and
>every straight BSD machine I can find. I wonder whether it's true under
>SVR4.

It is not true, incidently, under SCO SysVr3.2v2 (yes, it has job control).
The output from vi is screwed up, but, after I quit, I've got a job stopped
for tty output, I fg it, :q!, and all is safe.

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "What *does* that 33 do?  I have no idea."
sef at kithrup.COM  |           -- Chris Torek