book request

Mary Burak maburak at nmsu.edu
Tue Jun 25 13:38:16 AEST 1991

	I'm looking for a book about unix, but all of the books fall
into two categories, either basic stuff (how to log on, send/recieve
mail), or system admin (stuff you need a su account to even try).  My
problem is, I fall somewhere in between.
	I've talked with people about this, but they all keep asking
what do I want to know.  The problem is I don't know what I CAN know,
that is, I don't know very much about unix capabilites.
	Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Mary

P.S.  Telling me to read the man pages is useless.  For one, I don't
know what to look up, and another, they're too vague most of the time.