ftp logging

John M. Fisher fisherjm at iris.UCDavis.EDU
Wed Jun 5 05:14:50 AEST 1991

I am interested in an FTP logging utility. That is, I wish to record
information about people connecting. This information would be such
things as: the user's name, source address (email and US), files taken
or put up, etc. Of course, the name and address will require an
initial questionaire. Therefore, I need to do two things:

1) How do I get a program to run each time a user connects to
   my ftp site? This program would ask questions about the caller.

2) Are there any systems available for logging file transactions?
   Or, perhaps even better, is there a way to completely capture
   the entire session of a user?

Thanks,
John