ftp logging

Guenther Leber guenther at vmars.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 7 21:12:29 AEST 1991

In <1991Jun6.183642.11413 at email.tuwien.ac.at> hp at vmars.tuwien.ac.at (Peter Holzer) writes:

>The newest version of the Berkeley ftpd does this also if called with
>the -a flag.

No!  The ftpd I got from relay.cs.toronto.edu is a BSD-ftpd of 1989 with
additional hacks (the -a flag) for logging anonymous ftp sessions.  It also
contained a bug.  I corrected this bug and made the new version available
for anonymous ftp at ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at [128.130.39.16] in
/pub/unix/ftpd.tar.Z.

>             We installed it last week, and it is interesting to see what files
>are fetched most and from where people are connecting.

It is indeed interesting!
--
Guenther H. Leber  Technical University Vienna   Voice: +43/222/58801-8176
                   Dept. for Real-Time Systems   Fax:   +43/222/569149