Curses run from an xterm off a dlogin

USENET News System news at crdgw1.crd.ge.com
Fri Jun 7 05:25:46 AEST 1991

fails when run on an xterm which has been brought up from a machine that
has been accessed via a dlogin.  The application will run fine if it is
run on the default-sized window, but fails once the window is resized.
(I set the LINES attribute based on the terminal driver attributes, and
this value in fact corresponds to the actual size of the resized window).
The problem appears to be that stdscr will only address a 24 line window
in this case, and will not be able to handle the resized window.
From: salantel at wsqtb9.crd.ge.com (E. L. Salant)

	I tried doing a stdscr = newwin(...) to set the size of stdscr
but to no avail.  I believe that the problem has to do with going across
decnet as this problem will not appear using telnet.

	Does anyone out there know what is happening?  Is there a fix to
this?  Please respond directly to me as I am not a regular reader of this
news group.
	Thanks in advance-
		Eliot Salant