ACL lists (was Re: file attributes)

Paul Hite paul at prcrs.prc.com
Sat Jun 29 00:52:42 AEST 1991

In article <598 at daily-planet.concordia.ca>, goldfish at concour.cs.concordia.ca (Paul Goldsmith) writes:
< In article <49110001 at hpcupt3.cup.hp.com> shankar at hpcupt3.cup.hp.com (Shankar Unni) writes:
< |Check the -A option to chmod. "preserves the ACL list". It doesn't actually
< |modify the ACLs, because there is no simple mapping between ACLs and
< |ordinary Unix permissions. Instead, there is chacl(1).
<
< Are you sure that you are talking about a HP product?  Last time I
< looked, ACL were part of the APOLLO operating system that HP has been
< killing for the last two years.  I would be surprised that HP was
< supporting a non-mainstream (non-POSIX) feature,

Well, SURPRISE!  ACL's are indeed in HP-UX 7.0 and HP-UX 8.0.  It must be
*quite* a while since you've looked...

Paul Hite   PRC Realty Systems  McLean,Va   paul at prcrs.prc.com    (703) 556-2243
    "We are trying to bring up an Air Traffic Control display on an X window
      terminal and there seems to be some problems." -- from comp.windows.x