ACL lists (was Re: file attributes)

Paul Davey pd at x.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 20:40:50 AEST 1991

>>>>> On 27 Jun 91 17:19:49 GMT, goldfish at concour.cs.concordia.ca (Paul Goldsmith) said:

-> Are you sure that you are talking about a HP product?  Last time I
-> looked, ACL were part of the APOLLO operating system that HP has been
-> killing for the last two years.  I would be surprised that HP was
-> supporting a non-mainstream (non-POSIX) feature, and based on their
-> treatment of Apollo DOMAIN-OS, they wouldn't know what to do with a
-> good idea if it fell in their laps (which it did, and they didn't)

HP-UX has a different implementation of ACLs to DomainOS. As I said in
a previous posting the ACLs in DomainOS are IHMO superior to those in
HP-UX. Of course Apollo Domain is an HP product now anyway...

Anybody know what OSF/1 has in it? Different again?

--
 Regards,			 pd at x.co.uk          IXI Limited
	Paul Davey		 pd at ixi.uucp         62-74 Burleigh St.