ACL lists (was Re: file attributes)

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Jun 28 23:30:07 AEST 1991

In article <598 at daily-planet.concordia.ca> goldfish at concour.cs.concordia.ca (Paul Goldsmith) writes:
>                                 I would be surprised that HP was
>supporting a non-mainstream (non-POSIX) feature, and based on their
>treatment of Apollo DOMAIN-OS, they wouldn't know what to do with a
>good idea if it fell in their laps (which it did, and they didn't)

There are POSIX ACLs.  Please refer to 1003.6 for more details.

I'm not saying that HP-UX or DOMAIN-OS uses POSIX ACLs, but there
is an emerging standard that will one day give us ACLs ...
--
John F. Haugh II        | Distribution to  | UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!rpp386!jfh
Ma Bell: (512) 255-8251 | GEnie PROHIBITED :-) |  Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"UNIX signals are not interrupts.  Worse, SIGCHLD/SIGCLD is not even a UNIX
 signal, it's an abomination."  -- Doug Gwyn