traceroute hacking

Brendan Kehoe brendan at cs.widener.edu
Thu Jun 6 08:52:34 AEST 1991

 Has anybody hacked on traceroute to have it do a T_PTR query to the
nameserver for any Internet address that fails the gethostbyaddr() call?

 My intention is to have it give the names for the various gateways that a
packet goes through, not have bland numbers all over the place.  I've
started to do it, but I'd rather not spend two days refreshing myself on
network programming only to discover it's been done. :-)

Thanks for any ideas.

Brendan
     Brendan Kehoe - Widener Sun Network Manager - brendan at cs.widener.edu
  Widener University in Chester, PA                A Bloody Sun-Dec War Zone
    Vanilla Ice == Richard VanWinkle .. hehe .. hohoho .. Hahahahahahahaha.