unlinking / linking functions in a compiled program

Andy Davidson andy at cats.com
Thu Jun 20 07:43:39 AEST 1991

I need some help with the link editor. What I want to do is find a way
to ship to my customers my product in binary formated but provide a
way for them to unlink some of my functions and replace them with
functions of there own design.

I have been able to do this sucessfully using gnu dld (dynamic link
and load) libraries. But this is not really what I want for the
following reasons

	1) the dynamic link and loading happens every time the product
starts. My users should only have to do this one time. They should
only have to doctor the program once

	2) I do not want to have to link in the dynamic link load lib. My
program is already quite large

It would be nice but not required if this solution also worked in DOS

thanks in advance
Andy