how to get a list of subdomains for a domain

Ed Vielmetti emv at ox.com
Tue Mar 12 06:52:46 AEST 1991

In article <7622 at alpha.cam.nist.gov> coleman at cam.nist.gov (Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672) writes:

   Is there a way using the resolver library routines to find what
   subdoamins exists under a given domain. I am writing a program
   thar will check that the various secondarr servers given for
   a domain is uptodate. (ie the serial number matches the master).

You would do well to get "doc" and "dig" by anonymous ftp from
venera.isi.edu.  "dig" is a pleasant flexible application which gives
you an interface to most of the tricky things that can be done with
the resolver library; "doc" uses "dig" to do various sanity checks on
the contents of a secondary domain.

venera.isi.edu:/pub/dig.2.0.tar.Z
venera.isi.edu:/pub/doc.2.0.tar.Z

Followups to comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains.  Following this message is
one from September discussing "robodoc".

--
 Msen	Edward Vielmetti
/|---	moderator, comp.archives
	emv at msen.com