how to get a list of subdomains for a domain

der Mouse mouse at thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
Fri Mar 15 19:47:10 AEST 1991

In article <7622 at alpha.cam.nist.gov>, coleman at cam.nist.gov (Sean Sheridan Coleman X5672) writes:
> Is there a way using the resolver library routines to find what
> subdoamins exists under a given domain.

I'm not sure whether a nice interface is provided or not, but...

> I know nslookup can do ls domain name and get a list of hosts for the
> domain.

...I think this is implemented by doing a zone transfer.  (I may be
wrong; I don't know that code and don't have time to check it out just
now.)  I do feel sure doing a zone transfer will give you what you
want.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu