syncing passwd files for NFS

Chris Torek torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov
Sun Mar 3 09:33:08 AEST 1991

In article <3163 at hsi86.hsi.com> kavitsky at hsi86.hsi.com (Jim Kavitsky) writes:
>     The problem involves chowning and chgrping the existing file system
>to match the new password file. I don't want to have to do this with a slew
>of finds! I seem to remember reading on the net about a program that did this
>by hopping down the inode table and making the appropriate changes. Sound
>familiar anyone?

One such set of programs (partly by me) is available for anonymous FTP
from host mimsy.umd.edu (128.8.128.8 for those of you who are, tsk tsk,
not running a name server) as the compressed tar file

	pub/unify_uids.tar.Z

Please limit FTP access to off-peak east coast hours (i.e., try to stay
off during the 8AM--6PM E[SD]T).
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Lawrence Berkeley Lab EE div (+1 415 486 5427)
Berkeley, CA		Domain:	torek at ee.lbl.gov