comp.unix.wizards-in-their-own-minds

Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR allbery at NCoast.ORG
Sun Mar 3 11:29:12 AEST 1991

As quoted from <1991Feb27.110606.1363 at wyvern.uucp> by tmanos at wyvern.uucp (Tom Manos):
+---------------
| ccastc2 at prism.gatech.EDU (Benjamin H. Cowan) writes:
| >concerning UNIX that they can think of to this newgroup.  It does not matter
| >if it is simply or complex.  I just absolutely love to see all the
| >electionically-inflated egos just get so bent over backwards in a childish
| >uproar just because somebody invaded their private sanctum with what they
| >think is a stupid and meaningless question.
|
| straw, I guess.  I don't really mind the folks who don't know any better and
| learn from their mistakes, but this kind of mindless idiocy is just beyond
| belief.  I'm not going to have a coronary, jerk, and I'm not stressed out.
| I'm amazed at your stupidity.

There's a much easier solution than flaming them:  if they won't ask the right
questions in the right newsgroups, ignore them.  This might even encourage
them to ask somewhere where answers are forthcoming.

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery at NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN