Taking Control of stdin/stdout of a slave process

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Thu Mar 14 11:06:04 AEST 1991

> I am interested in starting a UNIX process from a program and having the
> slave process' stdin and stdout piped through FILE*'s in the master process.
>
> I have worked with popen(), but that only allows one-way piping.
> How can I get both directions piped to my controller process?

  This is not a comp.unix.wizards question.

>  Not only is it not a wizards question, but it's answered in the monthly
>Frequently Asked Questions posting in comp.unix.questions (which is where this
>question should have been posted in the first place).  Question number 26.

Why does every other question posted to this newsgroup that can be answered
in the FAQ deals with pipes and popen()? Is this just a coincidence, or
something else?.....

--
internet# find . -name core -exec cat {} \; |& tee /dev/tty*
subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU -| Internet