How can I find the inode and devno of a processes executable under SunOS?

Joshua Osborne stripes at eng.umd.edu
Wed Mar 6 19:01:27 AEST 1991

To clarify the question:

I want to be able to get the inode and device number of _another_ processes
executable under SunOS 4.1 and 4.1.1.  I thought I saw a easy way to do it
before, but I can't find it now (I may have imaganed it).  However I know the
Kernel needs that info so it can swap from the executable on the filesystem, and
I need that info as well.

I have looked at the man pages for kvm_open, kvm_getu, and all the files in
/usr/include/sys.  I am aready geting lots of other information via the documented
kvm lib. interface and would prefer to get this additonal tidbit that way as well,
however if I have to root around in /dev/kmem to get it I will, but I don't yet
know where to look...

Please mail answers to me, I will repost the winners (and the losers) in one
handy easy-to-cary article.  Thanks.
--
           stripes at eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne at Real_World,The          Multitasking for MS-DOS"