POSIX bashing (Was Re: Retaining file permissions)

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Sat Mar 9 08:47:07 AEST 1991

In article <6499 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:
>One can think so only if one ignores the presence of, say, "mkdir()",
>"rmdir()", and "rename()", or a BSD-flavored signal mechanism in POSIX.

I hereby place, into the public domain, the following POSIX-compliant
rename():

#include <unistd.h>
#include <errno.h>

int
rename(from, to)
char *from, *to; {
	if (access (from, 0) == -1)
		return -1;
	errno = EBUSY;
	return -1;
}

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."