Memory Fault (11) (sig 11)

Steven Kilby skilby at ucqais.uc.edu
Wed May 8 03:17:46 AEST 1991

     I have a program coded in C that will not run.  The code compiles
without problem, but when I attempt a run I receive a memory fault and
a core dump.  I tried using the symbolic debugger and received the line
'Memory Fault (11) (sig 11) at address'.  I did look up the signal and
discovered 11 is a segmentation violation, but I am not exactly sure what
that means.

     If someone could point me to the proper manual or attempt an explanation
I would greatly appreciate the effort.  Please respond by mail.  Thanks in
advance.

Steven Kilby
Steven M. Kilby    Univ. of Cincinnati, College of Business Administration
(Steven.Kilby at UC.EDU)           UUCP: {decuac,pyramid}!uccba!ucqais!skilby
ARPA or BITNET: skilby%ucqais at uccba.uc.edu          PHONE:  (513) 556-7159