Question about a UNIX error message

Michael Pechner pechner at ddtg.com
Thu May 9 08:55:33 AEST 1991

In article <91122.163945AHESS at auvm.auvm.edu> AHESS at auvm.auvm.edu (Anemarie Hess) writes:

>I am at my witts end trying to track down an explaination for an
>error message I keep getting from XENIX.  I am in the process of
>porting a large security system from System V to Xenix 386 and the
>programs keep crashing giving me a error 36 EIDRM Identifier Removed.
>The explaination in the Xenix documentation indicates an exception
>due to the removal of an identifier from the file system's name
>space.  Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does that mean??
>I have increased the number of allowable open files and inodes to
>an unreasonably high level and this seen not to help.
>
>Any leads, comments, or offers of help would be greatly appreciated...

On A/UX, this error relates directly to IPC calls.

I encountered this using msg queues.

The msgid was removed, meaning that message queue was removed.

This might mean that with your use of shared memory, semaphores,
or messages queues, the id of the resource was either not created, or
was removed.

--
pechner at mikey.ddtg.com (Michael Pechner)  | Pizza Probably The Worlds Most
DuPont Design Technologies Group          | Perfect Food.