Losing pending input in entering RAW or CBREAK

David Fenyes dfenyes at thesis1.med.uth.tmc.edu
Fri May 3 09:40:20 AEST 1991

Hello,

I have an application that enters CBREAK mode (to do editing).
When I switch from cooked to CBREAK, any pending input appears
to be discarded.  How can this be avoided or worked around?

The exception is if a <CR> is hit before entering CBREAK--then the
whole line is properly read in CREAK mode.

I'm using Coherent.  Is this an anomaly, or standard tty behavior?
Is there any way to retrieve those chars not sent by <CR> in cooked
mode?

Thanks in advance,

David Fenyes                                 dfenyes at thesis1.med.uth.tmc.edu
University of Texas Medical School           Houston, Texas