Should Dan post full details of his tty bugs?

Christine Hogan chogan at maths.tcd.ie
Tue May 7 10:02:43 AEST 1991

In <1991May6.111540.17621 at santra.uucp> jkp at cs.HUT.FI (Jyrki Kuoppala) writes:

>In a situation like this, the first question that comes to my mind is
>'Is there any reason the udergrad won't show you the program (s)he
>comes up with?'
They are more than welcome if they tell me about problems,
but some of them don't, many do.

>And what's so horrifying about these undergrads using some common
>holes anyway ?
Oh well then, why don't I just give them all root access ?

>They're supposed to learn something at the Uni, I
>think, not supposed to be there to spy for the (insert your favorite
>intelligence organization) or terrorize everyone else.
Nice idea, but we were bitten by a malicious user who rm -rf'ed
the entire users partition a few years ago -- I can't blindly
trust my users, I wish I could, but some of them will abuse it.
--
Christine.
chogan at maths.tcd.ie                    ...!mcsun!maths.tcd.ie!chogan
chogan%maths.tcd.ie at cunyvm.cuny.edu