Shared libraries (was Re: Window system bashing (was Re: X11 bashing))

terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM terryl at sail.LABS.TEK.COM
Tue May 7 04:29:20 AEST 1991

In article <155 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp> mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
+In article <1991May1.205923.7669 at ladc.bull.com>
+	fmayhar at hermes.ladc.bull.com writes:
+
+>-> The best solution is not to have a complex window system.
+>
+>Jeez, you keep saying that.  But I LIKE being able to do more than one thing
+>at a time.  It increases my efficiency a lot.
+
+For me, to do so, job control is better than X.
+You might disagree, but
+>And since we don't have the
+>budget for a nicer window system, and since Sunview is a hog, X it is.
+if you don't have budget, X is not it.
+
+>Not all of us can stand being limited to 24 lines by 80 columns.  Sorry.
+
+My console is 42 lines by 80 columns.

     And how easily can you change that (if at all)??? What, you mean you'll
never want to change it??? What if you wanted to view a file that someone had
entered on a > 80 column terminal, and you'd like to see each line on ONE
physical line, instead of multiple physical lines???

     Thanx, but I'll keep my X, bloated as it may be....